Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Are They REALLY Worth It?












Tonight My friend, Ramsey (Nasser), and I were talking and I made a comment on how his paintings are worse than elephant paintings. to my amazement he never heard of such a thing so he laughed and gave me an it-can't-be-true-look...well in fact it is true. Elephant paintings do exist. primarily in Asia but they do exist.

What has our world come to? The paintings you see displayed are up to 750$ and there have been paintings sold for 3,000$. How many painters struggle to get ANY kind of recognition? and we have the nerve to ask ourselves why the suicide rate is up! If an animal with a brain the size of a peanut makes more profit than a professional artist, something must be wrong.

I just thought i would raise the debate. But don't get me wrong, i have no personal issues with elephants. I just prefered to watch them in a local zoo or on a Disney cartoon and not becoming millionaires.

I want all the environmentalist who are rioting because of humans mistreating the animals to take a seat for now cuz they don't have a right to be saying anything. We let your elephants make money. They have a SALARY. So i want you as humans (unless there are some elephant or chimp techies hacking in) to really ask yourself...Are those paintings REALLY worth your money? Do you REALLY want that hanging above your grandmothers ashes in your living room?


Get back to me.